I generated three interactive web maps to explore political party, gender and ethnicity information for all registered voters in Florida’s CD 17. After opening each map, explore the data with the layer selector in the upper-right. Turn off the upper layers to reveal lower layers. Click each precinct to see the pop-up statistics for that precinct.
Click the images below to open the interactive maps.
- Registered Voter Data 11/2018 Extract File, Florida Division of Elections
- Charlotte County precincts
- Other County precincts
- Congressional District 17 boundaries
- State Senate, House, County Commissioner & School Board boundaries are approximate to nearest precinct boundary.
- Base map layer © OpenStreetMap contributors and used under license
- Data import and validation: SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Database design: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Data analysis: Excel, DAX / Power Pivot & Power Query.
- GIS Mapping: Quantum GIS / QGIS
- Web map: qgis2web & Leaflet
- CSS and HTML tweaking: Microsoft Visual Studio & Chrome developer tools